Thursday 14 December 2017

MYSTERY SOLVED

When I moved to my new address a stray cat moved on to my front verandah .
I set out a bowl of water and food , in time I bought the cat a bed , unsure of the sex of the cat , I named it Sami .
Sami was / is the meet and greet attendant at number 2 and my gardening companion .
Yesterday I went and introduced myself to a neighbour of 8 months , he stopped his mower and we shook hands and then exclaimed "so how`s  my cat ?"
Can you imagine how I felt ? OMG !
After repeatedly saying that I hadn`t pinched his cat and explaining how the cat had arrived at my front door and never left .
My neighbour smiled and told me the story of Lester the male , ginger tabby cat .
It appears that the cat had been abandoned and turned up at my neighbours place about 5 years ago and won his way into that family`s heart even though they had never had a cat before and one of their sons` named the cat  Lester .
To my amazement I found out that I don't have neighbours , the house next door is on the market , the person I met now lives interstate and  only returned to get the home ready for the real estate agents .
The son who named the cat Lester has recently left the home telling his parents that Lester must be nearby as the cat often went for a visit but never stayed long .
The wife of my neighbour called in this morning with worming and flea treatments and a goodbye pat .
The lady thought Lester maybe about 14 years old and had planned to take him interstate with her , I said of course and offered her to take him .
 The lady straightened herself from patting Lester , he  walked over to me , rubbed his body across my legs and sat  beside me watching as  the lady walked  away assured I would care for Sami till the end .


 

No comments:

Post a Comment