Thursday 23 July 2015

NOELENE`S PAVLOVA STACK

A phone call to ask for directions to our home ......OMG ..what can I offer with tea and coffee .
A  quick look in the fridge ...
A bottle of thickened cream
1/2 circle of choc ripple cake ..out it  comes
1/2 a bowl of pineapple fluff .... out it comes
Right at  this time approx. 10 .45 am , my visitors are about 30 mins from my home .
My  pantry offers a box of mini meringues ....
The freezer offers frozen berries ....
So I grab the bottle of cream... and straight away put it  in the mixer with some icing sugar ....and beat to really thickened .
Grab a medium sized plate ...now start constructing .... (with no time ...you cant overthink your options ...you go with what you know .)
I coat the mini meringues with the really thick cream and place them on the plate in a snake  pattern .
Top with pineapple fluff
I thinly  slice the chocolate ripple cake and lay it over the meringue base .
Spread a layer of cream over the cake slices .
Now add meringues in a circular snake pattern over the cream
Repeat process till you end with a topping of meringue .
Add the left over cream to fill any spaces on the stack ...then finish off cream with a border of cream around the base of the pavlova  stack .
I place frozen berries sprinkled with icing sugar in the cream base ...
I find  a bottle of chocolate syrup  ( diet )
Drizzle over the stack ....
Place it in the refrigerator ........
The guests arrived ..
Tea and coffee was offered ..
Discussion ensued ..
Tea and coffee was offered with pavlova stack..
This was well received ..It was so yummy ...what they didn't know was how easy it was to construct ..
Thank God for leftovers .





No comments:

Post a Comment