Wednesday 17 June 2015

JUST A QUICK ONE ......

I have been spending some time at the Latrobe Regional Hospital , Traralgon of late , supporting a family member in their treatment .
This is a quick , inexpensive  hearty meal which is easily prepared ahead of time and only needs reheating when you are ready to eat .
I sliced 2 chicken breasts very thinly , I purchased the fillets for  $5.99 ( for 2 )
Placed these in a pot with a lt of cold water
Added 2 stalks of celery finely sliced
1 onion peeled and finely sliced .
1 dsp of turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste .
Bought the mix to the boil , reduced the heat to a simmer .
After 10 minutes I added 1 can of creamed corn ( generic brand .89c )
Bring back to a slow simmer
Stir occasionally .
Then I added 1 can of condensed chicken noodle soup ( Campbell`s $ 1.20 )
Stirred in and let simmer for  5 minutes .
I turned off the heat , placed a lid over the pot .
It was time to go.
On my return , I reheated the soup over a low heat , stirred occasionally , buttered some bread rolls and enjoyed a flavour filled bowl of hearty chicken soup .




No comments:

Post a Comment