Monday 21 April 2014

LIVING THE DREAM

I now have the use of a professional kitchen in my home town of Churchill, and can run Dial An Occasion from the Churchill Hub ...and have the use of the events room...

Have already taken a booking for a private function on the 1st of June  for the Maryvale Probus Club.

My cooking classes are filling fast and will run on Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings and I can also continue with the Sunday classes in the Hub .

I hope my local followers have taken the time to drop into the Hub and ask to be shown the area we have been given to construct the community garden , which is out the back of the Hub , I would love your ideas and feedback on the project .
Don`t forget the free barbeque on 1st May  4 pm to 6.00pm  at the Churchill Hub to get the garden up and going .

I  have been asked to become the Ambassador for Moral Fairground Australia which I accepted wholeheartedly....WOW what an honour .
It is about fair go for all , through trade , industry , produce,  localities , oganic practices and home industries .
The appointment will be announced at the Mothers Day High Tea , in the Melbourne  Town Hall on Mothers Day the 11th May.
I will be cooking for the event and preparing a gazpacho shot  ( V) and traditional cucumber and mint
sandwich bites using spelt bread (v) and salmon and cream cheese rolls . ( no not like a salad roll ! )
I am so fortunate to have all my children being able to attend , all monies raised will be donated to getting a women`s health centre built for homeless women in Melbourne.

I`m  cooking the soups, hot trays of food , lasagne , cakes and sponges  for Anne`s café in Churchill everyday . Freshly made homemade food with a Mediterranean twist .
It means very early starts and I use my` own` kitchen at the Hub and transport the prepared trays to the café .
I love it , the pressure , the preparations , the mess, being absolutely` consumed` with food ...

I will be doing the Mothers Day demonstration at Mid Valley , Morwell  on May 10th  1.00pm to 4.00pm  , come and say hello I would love to have a chat with you.

Earlier that day I will be dropping off 10 platters for a 70th birthday gathering .

I really am living my dream , Masterchef definitely gave me the profile but I keep learning and evolving , I love my life and I have the full support of all my adult children .
I work long hours and lots of hours to make my money , but I`m finally happy.

There was a Wollemia Pine planted today in the park behind Paul and Shanes unit in St Kilda , it was planted with some of Shanes ashes .
Shane`s mum Joan also placed some of Shane`s dad Robert`s ashes along with her sons under the tree.
The tree will provide solice to Paul , it will be somewhere Paul can be with Shane , a physical place to grieve .
Our family are such barbeque people , now Shane will always be part of  future celebrations in the magnificent park .
Love you Paul...Mum x

Dale run and won  the Anzac 10 km race in Melbourne on Monday 21st April , he ran for his great grandfather Francis Joseph Armstrong who was part of the famous 2nd /24th battalion ..The rats of
Tobruk....unfortunately my grandfather lost his life in Libya  in the 2nd world war .


There are more things afoot but I`ll let you know later on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment