Monday 13 August 2018

MUSHROOM BREAKFAST


We are heading into spring and as the temperature's climb the field mushrooms will rise .
 I went to live with my mother and step father on the farm in Jeeralang Junction at the age of 11, and remember going out into the paddocks with a bucket and knife to pick the mushrooms .
My fingers and hand would be brown with spores .
 The bucket would be filled to the rim with field  mushrooms , the smell was amazing .
I can remember my mother cooking them in a pan over  a hot plate on the IXL combustion stove , she added butter to the pan to bring out their flavour , the mushrooms were always served on toast
Decades later I prepare fresh field mushrooms the same way as my mother , the only difference is I serve the mushrooms with a sauce .
The Sauce ........
Pulverise a couple of anchovies per person with the back of a spoon , stir them into a few tablespoons of warmed cream and pour the sauce over the mushrooms on toast .
Delicious .!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment