Tuesday 20 November 2012

PATHWAY TO A GARDEN REVISITED

Back in July 1999 I started recording my gardening activities and seasonal changes. The collection of my thoughts and observations were recorded under the heading ....Pathway to a Garden. It is interesting to note that on occasion when I compare dates  and passages of time between  then and the present ....interest in certain plants change but surprisingly the climate and the same challenges of weed control and chemical intervention in crop yields are issues still to be resolved . Did you know that some of our best loved plants  become  noxious weeds when they are released or escape and  take seed in agricultural or bush lands.  I plead guilty to using tradescantia otherwise known as Wandering Jew as a ground cover in a very desolate area of the garden and I have rued that decision ever since .When I became the new caretaker of my garden it possessed all the bones and great features of its former owner and designer, the garden along with the Castle  had been vacant for 4 years and had been pillaged  most of its  plants......so for my tenure I added my style to the garden....roses and irises ....the hothouse for vegetable propagation and a place for the radio an old transistor that runs on batteries and is at its best in the footy season with the Could Have Beens....on 774.ABC
My garden lends itself to leisurely walks, and a variety of plants to behold. there are various rooms to my garden and each offers a different vista. I offer picnic baskets to my guests in the garden as well  a visitors guide to all the great areas on offer in the locality
My entry has been long anticipated with so much going on in my world.
 I have applied to try out for Masterchef Series 5, with a lot of accumulated leave,a chance to show case my cooking ability at the audition and if I am successful..... to to learn so much more....it is  exciting.

For the times you really need something tasty but just can`t be bothered ....and the fridge does `nt hold any answers.....this is a tasty no brainer.......
combine a little over a 1/2 cup of peanut butter with a tin of crushed pineapple drained  and spread it on toast with  slices of gorganzola cheese and place under the grill till golden brown....or spread on a wholemeal muffin.....or just make up a sandwich with lettuce  and topped with  flat leafed parsley chopped..



No comments:

Post a Comment